Business owners in Dallas often seek our help for a multitude of reasons; from protecting their windows against burglary and falls, to guard them against natural disasters. However, increasingly they are coming to us requesting measures that could also protect them from gun attacks.
About Security Window Film for Mass Shooter Protection in Dallas
Windows and doors are the most vulnerable areas of any building. Security window film fortifies glass surfaces, making them more resilient to forceful strikes or impacts. By utilizing this protective measure in tandem with framing systems and C-Bond2 advanced adhesives, buildings can be safeguarded against even gun assault or bomb blasts.
What to Know Before You Purchase Bullet-Resistance for Your Building
Before investing in our exclusive security window film technology, we highly recommend that possible customers understand the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this system. To assist with this process, we have compiled a list detailing both the pros and cons for you to review. However, if you still have questions or are uncertain about any details afterward then don’t hesitate to reach out – we’d be more than happy to provide additional information during an extensive security audit.
Pros and cons of Security Window Film for Gun Attacks
Security window films are an inexpensive yet efficient way to boost the security of any Dallas building, thereby providing an additional layer of protection for glass windows. While it has several advantages, there are a few drawbacks as well that should be taken into consideration before making the final decision.
Pros of security window film
- Protection against Gun Violence: If a gun attack were to ever occur, security window film can help safeguard the people inside your building. It’s designed to stop bullets from multiple calibers of guns and will slow down an attacker’s progress if they are trying to enter through glass windows or doors – giving those on the premises more time to escape safely. Although it won’t keep out an intruder forever, it certainly provides much-needed protection in emergency situations.
- UV protection: Security window films don’t just provide protection from intruders, they also prevent UV rays that are responsible for causing diseases and fading furniture. In fact, these films can block up to 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV rays! So not only does it offer peace of mind that your location is safe and secure but you’re also safeguarding those inside from any potential harm caused by the sun.
- Protection against bombs, accidents, and natural disasters: Not only is security window film resilient enough to guard against bullets and bombs, but it also offers protection from countless other dangers. During natural disasters, the glass stays in place so that shards don’t fly around endangering people with its splinters. Additionally, when someone falls into the glass by accident, there’s significantly less risk of them getting hurt seriously due to this strong protective coating.
Cons of security window film
- The cost of security window film: Bulletproof and bomb-resistant films require a substantial investment in high-tech systems. Not only are they costly, but can also take significantly longer to install compared to the film used for other applications. Therefore, it is essential that you consider all of the factors before making your decision on which product is best for you.
- Limited protection: Security window films are designed to offer protection against most bullets, yet they are not impenetrable and can eventually give in when exposed to powerful types of ballistics. Though the amount of time it takes for a shooter to break through the window may vary, this delay provides victims with precious moments that could be used for escape or concealment.
With our security window film solutions for mass shootings, you can get a portion of peace of mind. Contact us now for more details and let us provide a free security audit of your property. We will discuss the various system options available and give you an estimate of their prices as well.
About The Author: Mike Kinsey
Mike Kinsey has been performing window film installs in the Dallas metropolitan area for the past ten years. After years of working in the construction industry as a project manager, Mike obtained a position at Commercial Window Tinting Dallas and is now the company's Operations Manager. Mike brings a unique perspective and wealth of knowledge to every project. His extensive knowledge of security, energy efficiency, and privacy film gives him the ability to implement the ideal solution for nearly any commercial property, regardless of the size, age, or architectural composition. Over the years, Mike has received extensive training and has attended numerous seminars and professional development courses held by industry's top professionals. He is certified by 3M, EnerLogic, and AIA for continuing education and is trusted by property owners all throughout the Dallas area and the state of Texas.
More posts by Mike Kinsey